About the Opportunity
The Old Mutual Foundation was established in 1999 and we value working in partnership with registered non-profit organizations. Old Mutual we're committed to creating the kind of change that has a positive, sustainable impact across South Africa. The aim of the Foundation is to empower people and communities through skills development, education, socio-economic transformation and job creation.
In response to national imperatives and Old Mutual’s strategic objectives, the focus areas of the Old Mutual Foundation are the following:
• Skills Capacity Building – accredited skills training that will ensure permanent job placement in the economy
• Vulnerable Members of Community – support to relieve the distress of vulnerable communities Our focus is on assisting under-resourced communities in rural and peri-urban areas.
WHO CAN APPLY?
• Non-profit organizations or schools registered with the Department of Social Welfare and that have an active bank account in their name.
WHAT ARE THE FUNDING CRITERIA?
• An organization can only be funded once in a 12 month period
• We prefer to fund “hard resources” that will be with the organization in years to come, but may consider “soft” resources under special request
• Examples of what Old Mutual would consider funding are: accredited skills training with a trades and artisans focus; educational books and toys for early learning centers; people with disabilities; elderly, etc.
• Examples of what Old Mutual would NOT fund are: Individuals or groups of individuals, tours, bursaries; the organisation’s running costs (salaries, rent, admin requirements, etc); fundraisers, gala or charity events, seminars, conferences; construction/ renovation of buildings, transport, vehicles, and items for individuals such as food, clothing, etc.