About the Opportunity:
The Southern African Music Rights Organisation (SAMRO) is excited to announce that full and associate SAMRO members can now apply for the 2022 Music Creation Support Fund (MCSF). This year, SAMRO has put aside R2.5 million for the MCSF to offer 100 SAMRO members the opportunity to apply for a supporting micro-grant of up to R25 000. The grant is to be used to contribute towards the creation of new and original music works.
The 100 grants, selected by an independent adjudication committee, were spread across 25 genres, the top six being Soul, House, Afro-pop, and SA Jazz, with Gospel and marginalised indigenous genres sharing 6th place with 22% each. The grantees represented a wide variety of musicians of different races, and genres, closely reflecting SAMRO’s demographics.
𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 -
• This application and funding applies to SAMRO Full and Associate Members only;
• The applicant needs to have an updated short biography;
• The funding is for a new and original music work;
• The work is to be completed before 31 August 2022;
• SAMRO Members should apply themselves – no 3rd party applications (music managers, promoters, etc.) will be accepted;
• The funds should play a subsidy/support role, and should not be expected to cover the full costs of the creation/production;
• If your application is approved SAMRO must be acknowledged in the final version of the work;
• If your application is approved SAMRO will require a copy of the final product for the SAMRO Music Archive and permission for the work(s) to be available for use as part of SAMRO’s marketing;
• Only one application per member will be accepted, and double dipping (two members applying for the same project) will disqualify both members from the support.
27 April 2022
To Apply, please click:
For more information, please clickK
Tel: 011 712 8417