Updated: Mar 26, 2021
The NYDA Grant Programme is designed to provide young entrepreneurs with an opportunity to access both financial and non- financial business development support in order to enable them to establish or grow their businesses.
The programme focuses on youth entrepreneurs who are at intentional, promising and new stages of enterprise development. Young people whose business ideas qualify for the Grant Programme, depending on their individual needs, will also undergo some of the NYDA’s non- financial support services, including:
• Business Consultancy Services
• Market Linkages
• Business Management Training Programme
• Youth Co-operative Development Programme
• Individuals or Enterprises which require funding less than a R1000 or more than R200 000 (for agriculture and technology related projects the maximum funding value is R250,000.00).
• Partial funding, co-funding or funding towards a deposit for a loan from another lending establishment;
• An individual or business shall not receive a cumulative grant amount above R200 000 from NYDA during their lifetime except for cooperatives (for agriculture and technology related projects the maximum cumulative value is R250,000.00).
• A member of a business or cooperative enterprise who resigns from the business or cooperative can only apply for grant funding after two years from the date of resignation from the business that has been funded by the NYDA in the past from the grant programme.
• Require funding for prototyping except for cell phone application development.
• Require seed capital for research and development;
• Require funding for patent registration.
• Require funding to purchase exclusive business/distribution rights
• Shareholders/members are natural persons who lack contractual capacity by virtue of:
-- being of unsound mind;
-- Have a record of fraud and/or corruption except for youth in conflict with the law who have been rehabilitated;
-- Where the owner/applicant is an un-rehabilitated insolvent;
-- Where the owner/applicant is attending high school other than tertiary institutions;
• NYDA shall not provide grant funding for vehicles
For more information, Click:
NYDA Head Office
54 Maxwell Drive, Woodmead North Office Park, Woodmead, 2191
Switchboard: 087 158 6345 / 5738
Customer Service: 0871584742